lemon parmesan risotto drizzled with walnut oilPrint Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, extra
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- walnut oil to taste
1) Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, oil, and onions; cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft and golden.
2) Place the stock in a separate saucepan. Bring to a slow simmer.
3) Add the rice and lemon rind to the onion mixture and stir for 2 minutes, or until the rice is translucent.
4) Add the hot stock 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until each cup of stock is absorbed and the rice is al dente. This should take 25-30 minutes.
5) Stir through extra butter, Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle walnut oil on top. Serve immediately